Dust port to be drilled here.
Tagged: , router , table , woodworking , router table
For years now people have been raving about Festool and their shop tools. In 1929 the first ever chainsaw was made by Albert Fezer and Gottlieb Stoll, and the world of tools was changed forever. Now over 80 later, the company they founder is one of the industry leaders. Festool offers many types of products to fit your individual needs. Five styles of sanders, cordless drills, jigsaws, storages system and Festool routers are just a few of the products this great company offers. The line that is probably getting more attention than others is the Festool router line. It’s comprised of four versatile routers that can meet any type of job you have to fulfill. The MFK 700 trim router, OF 1010, OF 1400, and the 2200 router are four of the industry’s leading models. The type of projects and work you do will ultimately decide which of these models is best for you, and you may find you want to buy the entire line!
If you do a lot of edge and trimming jobs, the 700 trim is your best bet as a trimm wood router. This model saves you money by using bearingless bits and offers a vertical or horizontal base! The OF 1010 is great router for all around jobs. You can operate it with one hand and has micro adjustable depth control. The OF 1400 isn’t too much different than the 1010, other than is packs a little more power. If power is what you are looking for though, the OF 2200 is the only way to go. On the Festool routers website they even claim this model can cut into a 8/4 hard maple and make a ½” groove in a single pass! That is a pretty big power promise, and according to the reviews on the product it is something they are living up to.
Whichever Festool router or other product you decide to purchase by sure to always do your shopping around. If you are not sure where they sell this line near you, you can log onto their website and search for an authorized location by your zip code. You can also purchase every product online at their website, or by calling into their customer service number. Some internet gurus will always tend to shop around multiple online retailers to try and get a lower price, but the truth is they are virtually the same everything. You can expect to pay $370-$800 mostly anywhere.
Patio candid shot
Located on the Butte de Montmartre, the Villa des Abbesses is a place where you just have to sit in its comfortable armchairs to be carried away by its warm atmosphere. Woodwork, moldings and warm colors give it a very chic side. During the beautiful days, the Villa offers a nice terrace.
Tagged: , Paris , France , La , Villa , des , Abbessess , 61 , rue , 75018 , Store , Front , Restaurant , Onaill , Historic , District , Butte , de , Montmarte , Woodwork , Landmark , Downtown , Terrace , Patio , Street , Shot , Streetscape , Vacation , Travel , Holiday , attractionsite
Shot at my local DIY store, General Woodwork Supplies which sadly closed last year after 67 years of serving the community and was the oldest shop on Stoke Newington High Street by some considerable margin.
If you like my work, please like my Facebook Page .
or follow me on Twitter .
Tagged: , BME , DIY , General Woodwork Supplies , London , N16 , conversation , customer , discussion , ethnic minority , hackney , hardware , hardware store , high street , paint , shop , shop keeper , stock , store , tools
A Career change is a sure way of getting that zing back into your professional life. Most people battle with this idea all of their professional lives and a few of us choose not to take the beaten path and try something new. Most career changes if well planned do not require much additional qualifications or risk-taking. For Example, if you are moving from a training job to a teaching job or vice versa. The criteria for these jobs are pretty much the same, so it is easy to make that transition.
When Does It Call For A Career Change?
Career Changes should be considered if you experience a few or all of the following criteria.
– When your job becomes mundane and boring, and you sense that you are not value-adding to yourself or to the organization. You have reached that burnout stage and you have advanced as much as you could in your line of work. Your work now no longer offers the challenges it used to.
– You have changed employers too in the hope that a new organization might offer new challenges and it has not.
– After graduating, any new recruit has two basic requirements of a job – lots of travel and lots of money. When you are no longer single, all that hectic traveling is bound to place a lot of stress on your family life.
– When you are young, you are more mentally prepared to take on the stress that your job entails. As you grow older, your tolerance to stress decreases and you might find yourself seeking less stressful jobs.
– There are challenges, but there is no job satisfaction. And no amount of additional money in your current job is giving you that satisfaction. Though there might not be as much money in the job that you are considering, the thought of it itself is making you happy.
– The current job does not hold as many opportunities as it used to or it is being phased out for a more technologically advanced function.
Steps To Making A Career Change Of Your Choice
– You should be suitably qualified to make that change in career. If you are less qualified, consider taking up distance learning or training courses to bridge the gap. The more the information you have, the better it is. Understand the industry well and be prepared for the challenges you may have to face. Also understand that this is going to take longer than planned.
– Carefully evaluate the reasons that are making you head for a career change. If it is bad performance on your part, try better it at your current job itself. Changing your career because of a tough boss is not a valid enough reason to leave your job. This might boomerang when your prospective boss does background verification at your workplace.
– When you consider a career change, you must be open to starting at lower strata in the organization. Since you are just starting out, no employer might consider you for a managerial position. But that should not be a stumbling block when you are working on your dream career.
– As you begin to research on the industry of your choice, also begin building a network that you can fall back on for information. This provides a lot of leverage. Prospective employers will be aware of you as a potential resource. Also reading up on the Internet, joining discussion forums to help you gather information helps in making career changes.
iDesign by l.flanders email@example.com
Tagged: , architectural , leather , wood , fireplace , hearth room , custom woodwork , rustic alder , alder , United States , stainless steel , stained concrete , track lighting , travertine tile , knotty alder , concrete floor , design , travertine , brick , concrete floors , Kansas , Lawrence , Loft , Lumix , Santa Claus , Tech Lighting , Tree , Trees , DMC-GF1 , Christmas , Downtown , Christmas Ornaments , Christmas Stockings , Flanders , Architecture , Christmas Mantle , Christmas Tree , Limestone , Micro Four-Thirds , Reclaimed Timber , Reclaimed Wood , Rustic European , Rustic , Timber , Used Brick , Viking Appliance , Wolf Appliance
This is the workbench I built.
I still need my garage for parking cars, so I built this workbench to be very solid but also capable of being folded flat. It has two heavy duty bearings and two half inch steel rods to pivot on. The end result is a workbench that has plenty of room for my projects but lets me park BOTH cars.
The finished table top
Tagged: , workbench , woodworking , folding workbench
When it comes time to replace your boat’s carpet, the most common question consumers have is “What is the difference between marine grade boat carpeting and the outdoor carpeting offered at local carpet and hardware stores?”
Though there are many similarities, and the look or feel is very similar, there are many key features which make these two carpet styles very different. These specific features are the determining factors of how long your new carpeting lasts. Not only will marine grade carpeting last longer, but it will also maintain its look and feel under the harsh marine elements for years to come.
Marine Grade Boat Carpet Features:
Though some of these features may also be found in standard outdoor carpet, you will notice one major difference. The one key factor which makes these two styles of carpet so different is the carpet’s rubber backing. Marine grade boat carpet has a true rubber backing which the polypropylene UV resistant yarn is directly woven into. This enables the carpet to be breathable, making it resistant to moisture which causes mold, mildew, and rot overtime. Due to constant exposure of your boat’s carpet to the harsh marine environment, the above features are crucial to look for when searching for replacement carpeting for your boat. Many carpeting suppliers and stores will endorse their outdoor carpet for replacement on boats, but the fact of the matter is when boat manufacturers are installing carpeting, they always use marine grade carpeting.
There are many reasons why you shouldn’t use the outdoor carpeting you find a local carpet and hardware stores. What you will find with almost all outdoor carpeting is that it has an indoor carpet backing with rubber applied to it. This primary backing is a woven or non-woven fabric in which the yarn is inserted by tufting needles. After the yarn is inserted, a secondary backing that consists of another fabric is laminated onto the primary backing to increase its dimensional stability. Due to these organic and fibrous backings, it is almost certain that deterioration will happen quickly with any marine application. Not only will these backings deteriorate, but the threading will disassemble from the rubber applied to its backing. With the carpet having multiple backings it creates breathability issues, resulting in excess moisture underneath the carpet causing sever mold and mildew damage. In most cases not only will the carpet disassemble, but it will also cause future issues with the wood flooring and decking of the boat. Overall outdoor carpet may be a cheaper and more convenient solution, but in the long run it may turn into a much more costly project.
When the time comes to replace your boat’s carpet, make sure you look for the recommended replacement marine grade carpet, manufactured to handle the harsh marine environments and abuse. Not only will it look better and last longer, but it will protect your investment.
My daughter runs forest school classes and this is her classroom. The children love these sessions and are taught woodcraft, natural history as well as safe use of woodworking tools, handling ropes, making dens etc. The sessions often involve cooking over a camp fire (started with a flint spark and vaseline soaked cotton wool) and usually end with a story. A beautiful learning environment giving the children a great sense of responsibility.
Do you know what makes the best Italian pizza? It’s actually the fire wood. If you realized, many foods that is being cooked with fire wood, the taste will definitely never go wrong.
So, where will you go for when you would like to have a perfect Italian’s pizza? Do you have any favorite Italian place that you go to?
If you happen to be around Sri Hartamas, we would recommend you to visit one of this small Italian shops named “Eatalia”. Eatalia, previously known as Pizza Brava Restaurant, is established since 2003, with 7 years experience in serving authentic Italian food, we are specialized in wood fire pizza.
“EATALIA’s definition of Thin Crust Pizza, Just enough of a thin crust to be able to pick up pizza topping and deliver it to your taste buds.”
When you hear about this, you will for sure knows what’s best in this shop. Yes, it is their fire wood pizzas!
The pizzas that is high recommended in this restaurant are:
1) Bresaola (RM 28) served with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, bresaola, rocket and toasted with truffle oil.
2) Verdure – Vegetarian (RM 21) served with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and seasonal vegetables.
For Italians, life is a celebration. There is nothing better than a long evening meal with family and friends, to share and to enjoy fine wine & tasty food Of course beside enjoying their authentic Italian pizzas, they are also specialised on many other Italian foods too. Below are some of the foods that you must not missed!
1) Caprese (RM 28) served with buffalo mozzarella, cherry, tomatoes, basil and extra virgin oil.
2) Funghi Fritti (RM 16) deep fried button mushroom served with tartar sauce.
3) Bruschetta Al Salmone (RM 18) Toast, mascarpone, capers, and smoked salmon.
4) Burschetta Ai Funghi (RM 18) Toast, mixed mushroom and smoked scamorza cheese.
5) Ravioli di Pesce (RM 33) Squid ink seafood ravioli with baby scallops, pink peppercorn and saffron cream sauce.
6) Ravioli di Carne (RM 28) Chicken ravioli with wild mushroom cream sauce.
7) Insalata Di Rucola (RM 22) Rocket salad with pear, Grana Padano and toasted nuts in lemon dressing.
1) Spaghetti Cabonara Di Mare (RM 33) served with fresh mixed seafood, cream sauce and Parmegamo.
2) Spaghetti Al Pesto (RM 22) served with basil pesto sauce topped with pine nuts. Add-on RM 8 for tiger prawn.
3) Gnocchi Al Gorgonzola (RM 25) Potato dumplings with Gorgonzola and cream sauce.
1) Risotto Al Nero Di Seppia (RM 33) Squid ink risotto served with squid.
1) Stinco D’Agnello – Lamb Shank (RM 36). Wood fired oven braised lamb shank in rosemary sauce and mashed potato.
1) Branzino Al Salsa Verde (RM 35). Pan-fried fillet of sea bass with pickles and capers sauce, served with mashed potatoes, baby spinach and almond.
1) Petti Di Pollo Alla Spinaci E Ricotta (RM 28) Chicken Breast Stuffed with spinach & ricotta cheese served with mushroom cream and pumpkin mash.
1) Tiramisu (RM 16) Ladyfingers cookies dipped coffee, layered with whipped mixture of egg yolks and mascarpone, flavor with liquor.
2) Crème Brulee (RM 13) Known as burnt cream rich custard base topped with a contrasting layer of hard caramel.
3) Tartufo (RM 10) Vanilla and chocolate ice-cream with crushed almonds and chocolate powder.
4) Panna Cotta Con Fruitt di Bosco (RM 13). Italian creamy pudding served with black and red berries compote.