Took about 6 weeks from start to finish, but the upstairs room of the dollhouse addition reno is 99% complete. After photographing, I noticed a spot on the window that needs filling with joint compound.
I had a tough time deciding on how to finish this space. I showed you a bunch of different wallpapers from my stash, but in the end, this plain treatment won. I used gesso as primer for all of the cardboard paneling and trim and used regular Benjamin Moore primer for the strip wood. Cracks filled with wall joint compound and primed. Everything was painted with good quality interior Benjamin Moore latex paint ("Icicle" my leftover living room paint and go to white) and aged with creme wax mixed with Mineral chalk paint. I got a little carried away, so I went back and dry brushed some areas with the latex.
Paneling: Bristol board and cereal box cardboard
Window molding and baseboard: from Hobby Lobby (discontinued now)
Chair rail molding: from Hobby Lobby (available now, called stair rail molding)
Floor: Houseworks wide plank pine stained
Door: Houseworks 6 panel door and trim (took apart, faux door)
Window: Houseworks insert
Door knob and key hole: From Ebay, spray painted with "Aged Bronze"
Upstairs room reno
Teenage dollhouse addition remodel project
Simplicity dollhouse by Real Good Toys
1:12 colonial style house
Posted by Foxy Belle on 2019-04-10 23:16:17
Tagged: , paneling , wall , trim , woodwork , chair , rail , early , american , dollhouse , 1:12 , fit , fitting , cut , repair , how , tutorial , progress , craft , diy , colonial , wooden , simplicity , cereal , box , cardboard , paint , repaint , hard , wood , floor , wide , plank , 19th , century , 18th , room , doll , white , pale , make , remodel , fix , shabby , chic , aged , grubby