Tagged: , block , building , carpenter , carpentry , carving , construction , cutting , fix , fixing , handy , iron , making , plane , repair , shaping , tools , wood , woodworking , work , high , key , Black , white
Silver wood screw partly in a piece of timber
Tagged: , wood , silver , screw , sharp , closeup , metallic , hardware , background , carpentry , steel , white , macro , head , shiny , view , bit , fastening , objects , diy , black , woodworking , work , stainless , iron , metal
West of LLano
Tagged: , Aquarius , Aries , austin , autumn , baby , beauty , black , blonde , blue , brunette , Cancer , Capricorn , city , color , cute , day , de , dog , east , enviroment , eyes , fall , family , fashion , energy , flower , friend , fun , Gemini , girl , green , home , hot , la , Leo , Libra , light , live , model , nature , new , north , photo , photography , Pisces , portrait , provoking , racy , red , redhead , Sagittarius , san , Scorpio , seductive , sensual , sexiest , sexual , sexy , show , south , spring , strobist , summer , sun , Taurus , texas , urban , USA , Virgo , voluptuous , water , west , winter , zodiac
DCU Shazam! – Issue #11
The Wizard bolts upright in his seat. Black Adam… has returned to Earth.
Using the powers bestowed upon him, Adam opens the magic door into the Lair of The Wizard by using his hyper-speed. It was within here, 100’s of years ago, that Adam had his powers bestowed by the Council of Eternity. Now, only one chair remains filled.
Black Adam: “I would say that I like what you’ve done with the place, but it doesn’t appear to have changed at all.”
The Wizard: “I could say the same thing about you…”
Black Adam smirks at his ancient adversary.
Black Adam: “Yes well, travelling back from banishment on the farthest moon of the universe gave me a lot of time to think, actually.”
The Wizard: “And? Do you regret your actions?”
Black Adam: “Oh no, not in the slightest. The Council was full of fools, as I’m sure you’d agree. All it took was a simple little spell which they all overlooked and, well, here I am, now the most powerful Wizard on Earth and rightful champion.”
The Wizard: “There’s nothing rightful about you! Look at your hand, they don’t get charred like that from anything other than the misuse of your powers which you stole!”
Black Adam looks down at his hands, burnt completely black by using the Power of Zeus. His suit, once a vibrant red, has also become black with years of travel, violence and envy scorched upon it.
Black Adam: “I didn’t steal anything. They were a gift from you, remember? Anyway, enough chit-chat. Where’s the new one?”
The Wizard: “The new what?”
Black Adam: “The new Champion. I know the Gods let you pick another after your debacle with me.”
The Wizard: “Say his name then.”
Black Adam: “You know I can’t.”
It was worth a try. The Wizard frailly stands up from his seat, clutching his staff.
Black Adam: “Nothing more to add? Okay then!”
Black Adam blasts lightning from his fingertips at The Wizard, shooting him back into the Rock of Eternity and knocking his golden staff from his hands. Adam’s hands gets charred even more by his own lightning.
Black Adam: “And I’ll be needing that. The only reason you’re still alive is because you haven’t said that word in over 5000 years.”
The Wizard: “The same applies to you, Adam”
Black Adam: “It doesn’t matter. With this staff, The Ibistick, I’ll be more powerful than your champion ever could be! With this, I’ll be able to kill them!”
Black Adam picks up the staff and the crystal turns from a light blue into a hateful yellow.
Black Adam: “I wouldn’t have done it, y’know. Killed the Council, that is. I wouldn’t have done it if you hadn’t attacked me first and proven me completely right.”
The Wizard: “What…?”
Black Adam: “I made the ruse to get the powers because I knew that no magician could be trusted. A magician promised to save my mother once, and in exchange he took my daughter’s life. I will cleanse the Earth of all of magic if it’s THE LAST THING I EVER DO!!!”
And with that, he plunges the Ibistick into the chest of The Wizard.
Black Adam: “One down, one more to go…”
Black Adam turns to leave, when The Wizard mutters to him.
The Wizard: “He’ll stop you, y’know… I believe in him.”
Black Adam: “I’m sure you do… And I’ll kill him and anyone else that gets in my path all the same!”
As Black Adam is about to leave, he passes several locked-chests and magical vases, containing within them all manner of dastardly creature, of which he now holds power over.
He browses them, before slashing them all open with the Ibistick, leaving only the Rock of Eternity left holding a prisoner. Not even he could defeat the foe inside of that.
Black Adam: “There… That should pull our so-called hero out of the woodwork…”
Please credit and comment! Feedback always appreciated! 😀
Check out my LEGO Blog: haphazardpanda.wordpress.com/
Tagged: , Lego , Figs , Fig , Figures , Figure , Minifigs , Minifig , Minifigures , Minifigure , Purist , Purists , Character , Characters , Comics , Comic , Book , Books , Story , Group , Super , Hero , Heroes , Superhero , Superheroes , DC , Writing , Flickr , Detective , Unlimited , Shazam , The , Wizard , Billy , Batson , Black , Adam , Dr. , Sivana , Zachary , Levi , Freddy , Frederick , Freeman
instagram | béhance | tumblr
See the whole series here.
* Pentacon Six TL
* Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon
* Rollei RPX 400
* Fomadon /D76/ 1:1
Tagged: , 120 , 120 film , film , celluloid , pentacon , six , tl , carl , zeiss , jena , medium format , medium , format , grain , square format , 6×6 , nc , analog , analogue , analog photography , analog photohrapher , film photography , film grain , argentique , vintage , noise , p6 , ilford , pan , 100 , czj , fomadon , d76 , b&w , black , white , monochrome , self , developed , dof , autumn , fall , flektogon , rollei , 400 , rpx , development , nature , forest , bushes , dry , twigs , timber , wood , woodworking , working , machine , tractor , belarus , 82 , Беларус
I made that stand almost 5 years ago to hold a bowl of water and little food from a can,
Their diet is dry food and placed in the basement this is like a treat for them in the kitchen,
the stand is made from leftover Ipe wood from a deck,
The table bellow also made from Ipe 6 years ago,
A little secret for your cats, if your cat has problem drinking water one way
to make her drink put some water in the can food, I usually put half a can and then some,
the water is gone first and then the food:-)
Tagged: , Pet , Phil , Food , Water , Boy , Male , Black , HFF , Drinking , Family , Cat , Feline , Nikon , d80 , Woodwork , Craft , Feeding station , Kitchen , Stone tiles , Cabinet , Island , Furry
Prints: Getty Images
facebook | instagram | béhance | 500px | tumblr
Valley of peak "Glödis"
* Olympus OM10
* Zuiko 35mm f/2.8
* Kodak T-MAX
Tagged: , olymous , om10 , om , 10 , zuiko , 35mm , 35 , mm , f/2.8 , kodak , tmax , iso , 400 , glödis , gloedis , autria , hohe , tauern , schobergruppe , analog , analogue , 135 , film , negative , celluloid , scanned , epson , v370 , wood , timber , forest , pines , trees , mountains , valley , black , white , monochrome , bw , overcast , dark , mood , roots , woodwork , path , trail , cloud , cloudy , grain , grainy
Tagged: , play , string , classical , concert , bow , symphony , music , orchestra , close , viola , art , violin , musical , black , artistic , classic , detail , studio , woman , symphonic , instrument , orchestral , up , musician , player , fiddler , background , vintage , old , tool , wood , wooden , white , closeup , equipment , work , isolated , metal , craft , brown , retro , carpentry , object , construction , concept , woodwork , tools , chisel , travel , hand
Fluidr on black ~ View small or *click* to view large ~ Or just view on lightbox……
Dear friends, contacts, admins, mods and all who have asked me where i’ve been – how i’m doing and what i’m up to.
The story unfolds!
I’ve been painting and updating my home as well as working!. – it all started with painting the hall, everywhere and everything.. – i then moved to another double room, cleared it – sanded a floor (my friend did that of course!) – i varnished the floor and started painting the walls and woodwork! – all done.. you would think? – No, my new front door came a few weeks ago and i have carefully stained that and used a tiny make-up brush around the stained glass windows on it..Phew! what a job that was.. every touch was delicate in nature and accuracy asked for!. – i then varnished that – 3 coats – to top it all off –
To my mind, i had completed this task, last week!..and! Glasgow being Glasgow it pissed from the heavens – i came out to view the next day to find the front of the door had white spots on it..Grrrr – i had to strip it all back again… stain and varnish these areas again..
That’s about me – one will get to see a picture of this door eventually.
I’ve added some music as a very small thanks to you all for taking the time – coming to my stream – all your visits and invites (which i will get to sometime..lol), awards – your wonderful constructive comments..I’m most appreciative..:o))) – Thank you kindly dear peeps..xox
~ FOR YOU!!!!!! You all know who you are – Please do enjoy the music ~
"Fear a’ Bhàta" (The Boatman) – CAPERCAILLIE – LIVE@bbc
"Fear a’ Bhàta" (The Boatman) – CAPERCAILLIE -With images of Scotland
Runrig – An Ubhal as Airde
Cry of the Celts
Celtic Legend – The Boatman
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Do you have the patience to wait till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving till the right action arises by itself?
Tagged: , Scotland , Àrasaig , Arisaig , Teine/Fire , Dannsa/Dance , Sunset , water , clouds , sky , beach , waterscape , red , black , blue , canon450d , For all of you , For good friends! , For hard working Admins , Dogma texture , Lao Tzo , Liz , LizScott , FireDance , FireDance~Liz , Ocean , coast , ScottishCoast , MagicUnicornVeryBest , Lochaber, Invernessshire , Camusdarach Beach , Back of Keppoch , sands , white sands , MagicUnicornMasterpiece
Charleston est. 1670, pop. 127,999 (2013)
• this stucco double tenement is a larger 3-story version of William Hendrick’s Tenements • retains its early 19th c. shop fronts, central passageway arch & late-18th c. wrought-iron lunette, w/scrollwork & central pendant -Roots & Recall
• for decades after the American Civil War the bldg. housed up to 100 impoverished Gullahs — African-American families of freed slaves • because vegetables were grown in the courtyard & sold from street-facing sills & steps, this bldg. & nearby 83-85 Church St. became known as Cabbage Row, described as "Probably the vilest human habitations in a civilized land." -W.E.B. Du Bois, 1908
• by the 1920s, white neighbors were complaining of unsanitary conditions, knife & gunfights, prostitution & "the most vile, filthy, and offensive language" • this would become the setting for the critically acclaimed 1925 novel Porgy by DuBose Heyward (1885-1940)
• despite the notoriety conferred by a best-selling book, the building continued to deteriorate • in 1928, it was purchased & saved from demolition by Emily (Barker) Briggs (1893-1950) & her husband, landscape architect Loutrel Briggs (1893-1977)
• Mr. Briggs restored the exterior, added old woodwork to interiors for rental apts., renovated the gutted outbuildings as new units & named the bldg. Briggs Apartments -A Golden Haze of Memory: The Making of Historic Charleston, Stephanie E. Yuhl, 2005
• the restoration was criticized by a "shocked" Sons of Confederate Veterans historian, writer Clement Wood (1888-1950), who complained that — typical of Charleston’s commercialization — the authentic "Catfish Row" bldg. had been transformed into a "high class residence" • Wood proposed that Negroes continue to live there to preserve the traditional atmosphere
• Briggs responded in the local paper: "DuBose Heyward, with an artistry, to which my unskilled pen cannot do justice, has preserved for posterity the picturesque life of ‘Catfish Row,’ and I have attempted to reclaim, with as little external change as possible, the building and restore it to semthing of its original state in revolutionary time." -Charleston News & Courier, 25 Dec, 1933 • Briggs bio -The Cultural Landscape Foundation
• "Porgy" author Heyward lived just a block away from Cabbage Row • he was a descendant of Thomas Heyward, Jr., a wealthy planter & signer of the U.S. Declaration of Independence
• the author’s mother, published poet Jane Screven DuBose Heyward (1864-1939), loved Gullah music & stories, which informed much of her work, e.g., "De Happy Lan"
Little Sonny, Little Gal
Trabblin down de road
War is you two gwin
Wid such a funny load?
We two is bound for Happy Land,
Kin tell we war it lies?
We darsn’t leabe de goose behin
Cos Sah, she allus cries.
De Happy Lan is "Long Ago"
To dose who now am old.
So tun aroun, an trabble home
Befo de night gets cold.
"Once the Heywards were among the richest planters of South Carolina… It was good fortune for literature and for young Dubose Heyward that the family joined the ranks of the newly poor after the War Between the States," said the New York Times, which also hailed him as the chronicler of the "strange, various, primitive and passionate world" of the Negro -"Goat Cart Sam a.k.a. Porgy: Dubose Heyward’s Icon of Southern ‘Innocence’", Kendra Hamilton
• in Heyward’s novel, the location of this Cabbage Row building is moved to the waterfront (possibly the location of today’s Rainbow Row) & renamed "Catfish Row"…
"Catfish Row, in which Porgy lived, was not a row at all, but a great brick structure that lifted its three stories about the three sides of the court….. and pierced in its center by a wide entrance way. Over the entrance there still remained a massive grill of Itialian wrought iron, a battered capital of marble surmounted each of the lofty gate-posts." -"Porgy," DuBose, Heyward, 1925
• the story’s protagonist is Goat Cart Sam, based on crippled Charleston street vendor Samuel Smalls • "World Knew him as Porgy — He died a Beggar", Tuscaloosa News, 1989 • "The Man Who Breathed Life Into ‘Porgy and Bess’" -New York Times, 03/2000 Porgy & Bess, The Charleston Connection
• following up on the novel’s success, DuBose & his wife, playwright Dorothy Heyward (1890-1961), wrote the non-musical play "Porgy," which opened on Broadway in 1927 • in 1934 Heyward & composer George Gershwin collaborated on the opera Porgy & Bess, first performed in NYC, 1935, with a cast of classically trained African-American singers • Gershwin’s "Catfish Row Suite" premiered in Philadelphia, 1936 • the 1959 Porgy & Bess movie was directed by Otto Preminger • "Porgy & Bess at 80" -Wilson Quarterly
DuBose Heyward Epitaph, by DuBose Heyward
Here lies a spendthrift who believed
That only those who spend may keep;
Who scattered seeds, yet never grieved
Because a stranger came to reap;
A failure who might well have risen;
Yet, ragged, sang exultantly
That all success is but a prison,
And only those who fail are free;
Who took what little Earth had given,
And watched it blaze, and watched it die;
Who could not see a distant Heaven
Because of dazzling nearer sky;
Who never flinched till Earth had taken
The most of him back home again,
And the last silences were shaken
With songs too lovely for his pen.
HABS SC-447 • Charleston Historic District, National Register # 66000964, 1969 • declared National Historic Landmark District, 1973
Tagged: , Charleston SC , charleston , charleston county , south carolina , sc , usa , united states , south , southeast , north america , architecture , building , residential , apartment , apartment building , tenement , slum , poverty , poor , african-american , black , slave , gullah , civil war , door , archway , passage , book , novel , play , porgy and bess , catfish row , cabbage row , 1780s , 1920s , 18th century
Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village
Tagged: , Ukrainian-Cultural-Heritage-Village , pioneer , farming , architecture , barn , vintage , life , hard-work , Orthodox , Russia , Hotel , Lumber-Co , Blacksmith , house , Woodworking , sod-house , thach-roof , Settlers , granary , machine-shed , gardening , baking , Grekul , Burdei , immigrants-1900s , Edmonton , Alberta , Canada , Mr.HappyFace , Hardware-store , railway , elevator , farm-life , old , family , #cans2s , #albertabound , #canada150years , hff , #art2020 , #black , #white , B&W
Craft demonstration at the Mid Devon Show 2018.
Those muscles look like they were honed by hard work rather than time in a gym.
The weather was changeable,and at the time of this shot; dull and raining hard. I was sheltering from the rain in the corner of a demonstration tent.
Tagged: , Mid Devon Show 2018 Neil Moralee , Neil Moralee , man , craft , craftsman , wicker , wood , shave , spoke , beard , glasses , hair , vest , tattoo , sweat , sweaty , work , working , Mid , Devon , Show , Neil , Moralee , Nikon , BandW , blackandwhite , candid , face , Photography , Contrast , Monochrome , Monotone , Mono , BW , Urban , Black , White , Life , Portrait , People , Gritty , street , Faces , Strangers , D7200 , tough , muscles , tendons , sinew , fence , tools