Ok, so you are tired of hearing about all of these different ways to lose weight fast. Nothing seems to work fast enough or easy enough. We all feel that way. We want to wake up tomorrow morning feeling great and looking thin. We want to take some “magic pill” that will shed the pounds away without changing anything we eat or changing our lifestyle. Well, unfortunately, that is not the way it works.
If it were, there would be no overweight people in the world. We need to face it, weight loss takes effort, time, concern for our health, and desire. We need to “desire” to be thin. We need to want to be thin, more than we want that nice big donut, or pizza. We need to understand reaching our weight loss goal is not only good for our bodies, but good for our family and friends around us. No one likes to see someone they care about struggling to lose weight, and feeling bad about themselves. But, unless weight loss is important enough that we really “WANT” to lose weight, than it will be a hard up hill battle.
Face it, no one does anything they really don’t “want” to do, unless they feel they “have” to. But, when we feel like we “have” to do something, we sometimes make it harder on ourselves because we feel forced or threatened. Feeling forced or threatened is not a good way to feel about anything. We need to look at weight loss differently. We need to see weight loss as an easy, step by step procedure. We need to stop looking at weight loss as “this is going to be so hard”, or “I hate trying to lose weight”, or “I will try again, but it probably won’t work”. We are already talking ourselves out of losing weight before we even start! I am going to list for you some suggestions and ways to look at weight loss so it will be easier for you to reach your goal.
* Determine how much weight you want to lose.
* Set a goal of losing approximately 6-8 pounds a month. Don’t set your goals to high for yourself because if you don’t meet your goal, you will begin to think “this is not working” and give up to easily. Set your goal so when you get on the scale, you feel great! You can say “I did it”.
* Only weigh yourself once a week, not daily.
* Start drinking a lot of water. At least 64 ounces a day. You can add lemon or lime juice for flavoring. But, no sugar! We are not making lemonade here!
* Plan on eating 5-6 meals a day. These will be smaller meals, so switch to using smaller plates.
* Don’t skip any meals – so make sure you eat breakfast. Not donuts, pancakes or sugary cereal. Have something like oatmeal, fruit, or steak and eggs! Make each meal high in protein.
* Start eating slow. Slow, slow, slow. Chewing each bite at least 25 times will slow you down.
* Be more active. I am not telling you that you need to join a gym or buy exercise equipment. That is fine if you want to do that, but it is not necessary. Just be more active. Take a walk each day. You don’t have to jog or run. Just walk, walk, walk. Try to increase the length of your walk each week. I know weather conditions can put a damper on walking outdoors, so if that is the case, go to an indoor mall. You can do plenty of walking in a mall, and don’t take the escalator or elevator, use the stairs!! Park further away and walk!
* Clean out your refrigerator, freezer, cabinets and pantry. Get rid of all the foods that you should not be eating. Junk food snacks, sugar products, white flour products, high-fat and high-calorie foods and bread products must go out the door! Having them out of the house will make it easier for you to “give up”.
* Eat vegetables. As many as you want.
* Eat foods high in protein. Chicken, turkey, fish, steak, ham, eggs are a few examples.
* Always look forward to the end result. Keep seeing yourself at your desired weight. Keep reminding yourself that you can do this.
* Try to keep this fun. Don’t work yourself to hard or you will get discouraged.
* If you change your current habits to the points mentioned above, you will lose weight. And you will continue to lose weight as long as you keep up with it.
* Remember, if you are in-active, sit around and eat the wrong foods, your body will not change.
* The easy, best way to look at this is: increase activity, eat the correct foods, and keep your desire to lose weight, and YOU WILL!!!!!