Emerging Media offers a variety of tactics used to deliver messaging highly efficiently, while establishing trust and providing conversions quickly. Through the use of Ephemeral content and Artificial Intelligence we are able to connect the consumer to the brand in distinctive ways, at the precise ‘right time’.
The God Father of Ephemeral content, “SnapChat”, began the trend of FOMO advertising (Fear of missing out) which elicits an immediate response from viewers – a quick decision to sign up, purchase, download, etc. The short-lived spin of ephemeral content creates urgency, fueled by the fear of missing out, a powerful stimulus of human behavior.
Ephemeral Media Marketing allows the user to engage with a brand on a more personalized level, increasing brand awareness, trust and loyalty. Some of the best engagement-boosting strategies executed through ephemeral advertising include.
- Encouraging user-generated content with branded filters, Geo-filters, etc. any content – text, videos, images, reviews, etc.- created and shared by users featuring your brand. This builds trust and community for the brand.
- Running polls and Q&As where you can ask viewers for their opinions or encourage them to submit questions. i.e. “Which color pocketbook should my brand use in our next design”?
- Live-streaming videos to communicate with your audience in real-time i.e. Matchmakers perform live advise seminars to engage followers and illicit memberships for their dating app.
- Tagging other users and locations to attract more attention, i.e.: ” Tag someone you would bring here”…
Statistics show that the concept of sharing disappearing content keeps people highly interested, which allows the opportunity to serve your brand message without being too forceful all while delivering value for your customer. As a bonus, social media platforms are continually updating their engagement features keeping the thrill always fresh.
Artificial Intelligence has revolutionized the Media Business creating efficiencies with strong, solid targeting, serving the right message at the right time. No matter your demographic ‘prospect’, AI can set up an ad serving strategy for your target along every phase of the ‘Consumer Journey’. Today’s AI is a powerful tool advanced enough to predict conversions and accurately calculate who will convert and who will not. Individuality Pins, such as: Interactions, language refinement, emotions, instincts, trust, and culture all have a significant part in persuading the consumer to convert.
In today’s progressive AI algorithms these Individuality Pins are integrated with complimentary data culled from an array of channels to sharpen the focus even more finely, producing insights that make prospecting extremely efficient. Here are a few of these tools briefly explained:
- Anomaly Detection & Intelligent Alerts, when laying out the limits of a media campaign, Intelligent Alerts can be established to detect and report under performance (Anomaly Detection, unusual occurrence). As the campaign unfolds and data is collected, these parameters become refined to a point where real-time tactical adjustments happen automatically! This tool can also help you identify and capture opportunities to increase conversions. By analyzing anomalies, you can find specific features (individuality pins) that prompted a prospect to become a customer or those features that caused a prospect to walk away.
- Recommendation Engines, suggests products, services, and information to users based on analysis of data which is gather through the user’s past activities, written ratings, reviews and other information about their profile, such as gender, age, or investment objectives.
- Predictive Technology, Pulls the user’s activity patterns (both search and transactional), determines if the user is in the target audience, predicts the users risk factors and finally makes a decision whether or not to serve the ad.
- Dynamic Creative Optimization (DCO), is a display ad technology that creates personalized ads based on data about the viewer at the moment the ad is served. Because the creative is more relevant, tested and optimized, DCO’s outperform generic messaging by a significant margin.