Mashed potatoes are really delicious and is definitely one of the favorite dishes that people love to eat. It is not only consumed during special occasions such as holidays like Thanksgiving but it is likewise an everyday food item that people enjoy.
But while mashed potatoes can be really tasty and delicious and can put a big smile on your face, if you accidentally drop it on your rug then that would instantly flip that smile upside down. This is because mashed potato spills can be really difficult to clean up and will likely cause you a ton of effort just to try and get your rug tidy once again.
Lucky for you that this is not an impossible task and with the guide below you will surely be able to get your rug back to normal in no time. Here’s what you’ll need to do to correctly clean up the mashed potato spill on your rug.
• Start off by clearing up all of the spilled mashed potato on your rug using a spoon and scooping it up. Do this repeatedly until all of the mashed potato is removed.
• After clearing the area, the next thing that you will have to do is to create a cleaning solution that will get rid of the ugly stain on your rug. It is actually very easy as long as you know the right thing to do. Just combine a teaspoon of non-bleach laundry detergent with a cup of warm water and then place it inside an empty spray bottle and bring it to the affected area of the rug.
• Spray the area several times with the cleaning solution and then give it a few seconds to work on the stain. Then, use a clean white cloth to slowly blot the stain until it is completely removed. It may take a while but pretty soon you will be able to get rid of the mashed potato stain on your rug.
• After removing the stain your work is not done just yet. You would still need to rinse the rug with some water to ensure that no residue is left behind. Residue may not sound threatening to your rug but it can build-up over time and cause damage to it right under your nose.
• Dry the rug thoroughly with some clean rags and you’re now good to go.
If you are having this problem in your home, try the guide above out and get your rug looking clean in no time.